Purchase, New York
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
PepsiCo, Inc. is a leading global food and beverage company that operates a range of manufacturing facilities across multiple food and beverage processing sectors. PepsiCo is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued commitment to promoting strong energy management practices and the ENERGY STAR program throughout the food and beverage business community. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Advancing the energy performance of its operations by four percent. Since 1999, energy intensity has been reduced by 35 percent, equating to savings of $50 million and 600,000 metric tons of CO2 emissions.
- Building sustainability into its operations by conducting “resource conservation deep dives” with plant and vendor participation to identify energy and water efficiencies.
- Realizing a nearly 10-percent improvement in energy efficiency in the beverages division through energy efficiency projects.
- Leading by example worldwide in supply chain energy management by implementing a global initiative to purchase only ENERGY STAR certified vending machines and product coolers. PepsiCo has improved the energy efficiency of its equipment by 50 percent as compared to models available in 2004, decreasing its energy footprint despite an increase in vending units placed.
- Showing leadership for ENERGY STAR initiatives in the food processing sector by participating in EPA’s ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency in Food Processing.