ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Bentall Kennedy is one of North America’s largest independent real estate investment advisors and serves more than 500 clients across commercial space valued at $ 32 billion. This includes more than 50 million square feet of assets in the United States valued at approximately $10 billion. Bentall Kennedy is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for continuing to set and achieve new energy efficiency goals for its portfolio through the use of ENERGY STAR tools and resources. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking more than 250 eligible offices, industrial buildings, retail properties, and multifamily buildings representing more than 55 million square feet and more than $13 billion in value.
- Reducing the energy use of its U.S. portfolio by 6 percent compared to a 2009 baseline, resulting in a cumulative reduction of about 39 million kWh and saving more than $4 million in energy costs.
- Earning an ENERGY STAR score of 75 or higher for 50 percent of its properties.
- Expanding benchmarking capabilities by launching the Bentall Kennedy Eco View, which is a simpler version of its energy management platform, Eco Tracker. Eco View is focused on utility tracking and is used for assets in which the direct utility use paid by landlords is a small portion of utilities used on site.
- Communicating the value of ENERGY STAR by fostering in-depth tenant-engagement programs, leveraging ENERGY STAR tools and resources to target behavioral change, and incorporating more intelligent control systems to achieve additional energy reductions.