Arizona Public Service
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Arizona Public Service (APS) is Arizona’s largest and longest-serving electric utility, with more than 1.1 million customers across the state. APS began its partnership with EPA in 2005 with the promotion of ENERGY STAR certified homes and products and has since expanded its partnership to offer Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES). More than 65 percent of total residential program savings come from programs directly tied to ENERGY STAR. In addition, the program promotes ENERGY STAR benchmarking tools to its commercial customers. APS is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for its role as a regional leader in energy efficiency and its ongoing commitment to the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Promoting the construction of more than 2,700 ENERGY STAR certified homes, resulting in 13,700 MWh of savings.
- Developing a new cloud-based program tracking database to enable participating raters and builders to track their homes’ progress towards ENERGY STAR certification, as well as to check the status of their incentives.
- Effectively integrating ENERGY STAR certified pool pumps into its efficient pool pumps program, once the program began certifying them in February 2013—influencing the purchase of more than 5,600 certified pumps.
- Exceeding program goals for its HPwES program, administered by FSL Home Energy Solutions, by completing more than 2,400 projects. APS also led the home performance industry to streamline data collection and transfer by acting as an early adopter of the HPXML standard.
- Enabling commercial customers to obtain the building energy performance information they need by sponsoring training on benchmarking with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® and providing energy data through the APS Energy Information Services program.