The Home Depot
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Retailer
The Home Depot® is the world’s largest home improvement specialty retailer. The Home Depot is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for engaging every aspect of its retail business—from product assortment to marketing and promotions—to build consumer awareness of and demand for ENERGY STAR. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Being a leading participant in the ENERGY STAR LED Bulb Challenge and selling more than 2 million certified LEDs.
- Leveraging a three-phase strategy of working with suppliers, advertising, and engaging consumers to grow the company’s in-store ENERGY STAR assortment by 725 products, bringing the total ENERGY STAR in-store and online assortment to almost 12,000 products.
- Integrating ENERGY STAR into annual meetings with key suppliers, resulting in the sale of more than 125 million ENERGY STAR certified products, energy savings of nearly $770 million, and greenhouse gas emission reductions of 4.7 million metric tons.
- Expanding utility partnerships by more than 33 percent, promoting more than 150 ENERGY STAR utility rebate programs in 40 states and offering customers almost $70 million in rebate incentives.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2013 products with Southern California Edison in 79 stores.
- Including ENERGY STAR lighting messaging on The Home Depot’s website and using EPA-developed consumer lighting information in stores.
- Raising the profile of Team ENERGY STAR through a dedicated Kid's Workshop, which reached approximately 285,000 kids across all its U.S. stores.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR through its vast array of media vehicles—from TV and radio to national and regional print advertising, to in-store promotions, to social media and Homedepot.com—generating consistent consumer education and an estimated 20 billion impressions.