Basking Ridge, New Jersey
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Energy Management
Verizon Wireless operates the largest, most reliable 4G LTE and 3G networks in the United States and has 72,000 employees and more than 1,700 company-operated retail locations. Verizon Wireless serves 102.8 million retail customers. Verizon Wireless is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for its commitment to cutting its company-wide carbon intensity in half by 2020, and for promoting energy efficiency awareness among customers and employees. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking 100 percent of its retail facilities in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
- Using central tracking to manage 40 different energy efficiency projects throughout the year and reducing total weather normalized source energy use by 6.6 percent. That’s enough energy to power 1,011 homes for a year.
- Achieving a portfolio-wide average score of 77.
- Creating a cross-functional energy team that shares energy management successes and key initiatives with internal and external audiences.
- Winning third place in EPA’s 2013 ENERGY STAR National Building Competition for its Toms River, New Jersey store.