Panasonic Eco Solutions North America
Newark, New Jersey
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Product Brand Owner
Panasonic Eco Solutions North America (PESNA), a unit company of Panasonic North America, offers a comprehensive line of high-performance ventilation fans that avoid the use of toxic substances. All PESNA’s fans in eligible categories are ENERGY STAR certified, and many models incorporate energy-saving control features such as occupancy and humidity sensors. PESNA is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for building on its long-standing commitment to energy efficiency, and specifically for advancing residential ventilation through product innovation, outreach to consumers, and contractors. Key accomplishments in 2013 include:
- Maintaining a broad array of ENERGY STAR certified vent fans, with all models in applicable categories qualifying. More than 90 percent of PESNA’s sales dollars were earned from these models.
- Continuing to offer some of the most energy-efficient products on the market with a line of DC motor-driven fans, recognized as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2013, as well as pushing vent fan lighting to new highs of efficiency with LED fan/light options.
- Introducing the innovative WhisperValue fans, offering ENERGY STAR performance in a low-profile package (3-3/8" housing depth) that actually fits a 2x4 stud bay.
- Maintaining 100% training of its employees and 90 percent of distributor/retailer employees on the advantages of ENERGY STAR ventilation.
- Providing a strong showing of highly efficient products and ENERGY STAR messaging at 35 national and local trade shows.
- Sponsoring numerous whole-home-based education efforts emphasizing the potential of ventilation that results in a healthier, more energy-efficient home. PESNA designed outreach for industry and homeowners, presenting at EPCOT Center, on nationally syndicated television shows, at trade shows, and with U.S. DOE programs.