LG Electronics, Inc.
Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Climate Communications
LG Electronics USA (LG) is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a global leader in consumer electronics, home appliances, and mobile communications. The company is committed to improving the environment through energy efficiency. LG is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for its leadership in communicating the importance of saving energy and preventing climate change with ENERGY STAR. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Sharing energy conservation and climate change prevention messaging through Times Square’s high-efficiency electronic billboard, receiving an estimated 1.5 million impressions per day and generating a total of nearly 500 million impressions.
- Educating all employees on LG’s commitment to environmental sustainability, as well as suggesting ways employees can make a difference in the fight against climate change. Through this education initiative, LG reached 1,958 existing employees through internal training; 194 new employees through internal training; and 3,956 distributor/retailer locations trained.
- Expanding its Live Green newsletter series by delivering seven newsletters to all U.S. employees on topics such as LG’s energy efficiency and recycling efforts, saving energy, and preventing climate change.
- Implementing a “Turn it Off” campaign to encourage employees in all U.S. offices to get involved in EPA’s “Do 1 Thing ENERGY STAR” campaign.
- Educating the company’s sales team of more than 250 individuals on the importance of ENERGY STAR, saving energy, and preventing climate change at its annual national sales meeting.
- Kicking off 2013 with an ENERGY STAR video showcasing their partnership and importance of saving energy and preventing climate change at international Consumer Electronics Show, which was aired before 950 members of the media and more than 150,000 attendees.
- Holding 53 community outreach events reaching an estimated 500 million people; airing 4 TV ads reaching 1.4 billion people; and sharing in-store messages with 16.5 million people about the importance of saving energy and preventing climate change.
- Collecting more than 800 Change the World, Start with ENERGY STAR pledges at 2013 NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Four competition, where LG highlighted the energy efficiency of its products and educated consumers on how to reduce energy and prevent climate change.
- Helping with Go Green Nights for public schools in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey. More than 100 students and parents attended the event and learned about energy efficiency and climate change with materials created by PTO Today and ENERGY STAR.