West Caldwell, New Jersey
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Product Brand Owner
MaxLite has been committed to providing energy-efficient lighting products for the last 20 years, understanding the important role energy-efficient products play in environmental protection and preservation. MaxLite’s world-class research and development team is focused on developing state-of-the-art CFL and LED products for a wide-range of applications, including replacement lamps, downlights, ceiling fixtures, and table lamps. MaxLite is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its strong commitment to offering certified products and educating its customers about the benefits of ENERGY STAR. Key accomplishments in 2013 include:
- Introducing the first GU24-based A19 lamp on the ENERGY STAR Certified Subcomponent Database (CSD), substantially reducing the cost and time needed for ENERGY STAR testing for light fixture manufacturers.
- Partnering with Habitat for Humanity to bring ENERGY STAR certified products and messaging to low-income households through both product donations for retrofits and offering its omnidirectional A19 LED at the organization’s retail outlet.
- Providing thorough education to employees, distributors, utilities, and customers about ENERGY STAR program elements and benefits through the MaxLite Lighting and Technology University.
- Helping distributors and manufacturers understand the value of ENERGY STAR certified lighting products and educating them on how to best leverage the certified subcomponent database.
- Collaborating with Xcel Energy to encourage the 40,000 attendees at a Minnesota Twins baseball game to switch out an incandescent bulb with an ENERGY STAR certified LED bulb from MaxLite.