St. Paul, Minnesota
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
3M is a diversified technology company, providing innovative solutions that advance companies and improve people’s lives worldwide. 3M strategically manages energy use throughout its global operations by setting aggressive goals and tracking results. 3M is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for its ongoing efforts in energy management and environmental leadership. Key accomplishments include:
- Holding energy intensity steady despite the varying energy practices of 24 new manufacturing plants that 3M acquired and integrated into the corporate energy program. Since 2010, 3M has improved energy efficiency by nearly 10 percent and avoided more than 855,000 metric tons of CO2 emissions.
- Implementing 252 energy efficiency projects, saving nearly $9 million and 61,700 metric tons of CO2 emissions.
- Securing a $10 million annual capital fund dedicated to energy and sustainability projects.
- Engaging 15 U.S. and international manufacturing sites in EPA’s ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry, and earning ENERGY STAR certification for three buildings.
- Creating the Sustainability Center of Excellence to integrate all aspects of sustainability into business strategies across the company, minimize manufacturing and supply chain footprints, drive sustainability of 3M products and services, and deliver solutions to solve global sustainability challenges.
- Engaging communities globally in energy and sustainability dialogue through special events and school-based educational programs.