ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security, and civil markets throughout the world. Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications, and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon has been measuring, reporting, and reducing its energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions for more than a decade. Raytheon is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for continuing its progress in employee engagement and leadership in energy management in the New England area. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Reducing absolute energy consumption by 0.2 percent over the past year and absolute energy consumption by more than 11 percent since 2008. The company achieved its 2008–2015 energy reduction goal of 10 percent two years ahead of schedule, and greenhouse gas emissions have improved by 34 percent since 2002.
- Assisting customers, suppliers, and contractors in reducing operating costs and carbon footprints.
- Collaborating with EPA and ENERGY STAR industrial partners to host a utility-sponsored regional energy workshop to share best practices and resources with existing and prospective ENERGY STAR partners located in New England.
- Presenting to over 1,700 people in industry and federal, state, and local organizations on Raytheon’s sustainability program and ENERGY STAR tools and resources.
- Completing hundreds of energy projects with estimated annual savings of over two million kWh.