New Jersey Board of Public Utilities
Trenton, New Jersey
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
New Jersey Board of Public Utilities (NJBPU) promotes energy efficiency and clean energy by providing financial incentives and informational services to New Jersey residents, business owners, and local governments through its statewide Clean Energy Program. NJBPU is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for its delivery of the HPwES program. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Completing more than 4,800 projects, with 91 percent of projects achieving 25 percent or more in estimated total energy savings.
- Achieving over 176,000 MMBtu savings across all fuel types—gas, electric, oil and propane.
- Reimbursing contractors over $200,000 through a cooperative advertising model whereby contractors received a 50-percent reimbursement up to $75,000 for pre-approved advertisements that meet program guidelines.
- Working with the New Jersey Credit Union League (NJCUL) to support the local economy and develop a loan for homeowners participating in HPwES by offering zero-percent interest financing on loans up to $10,000.
- Supporting participating contractors’ grassroots marketing efforts, which engage entire neighborhoods in the home performance process and establish friendly competition among the contractor base.