Grayhawk Homes, Inc.
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Grayhawk Homes has been constructing 100 percent ENERGY STAR certified homes in Western Georgia, Eastern Alabama, and Des Moines, Iowa since the beginning of 2010. Its strong co-branding with ENERGY STAR's marketing platform has led Grayhawk Homes to become one of Georgia's largest ENERGY STAR builder partners in only three years. Grayhawk Homes is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for its commitment to building ENERGY STAR certified homes. Key accomplishments in 2012 include:
- Selling over 657 ENERGY STAR certified homes since its initial 100 percent commitment to ENERGY STAR in 2010.
- Offering ENERGY STAR as a baseline for all of its home types, including affordable, entry-level units.
- Creating a comprehensive training program for real estate agents and homebuyers, including model home demonstrations, real estate agent email blasts, and an ENERGY STAR Tip of the Day to all its social media followers.
- Developing promotional materials that showcase results from a homeowner survey conducted that show that homeowners that live in a Grayhawk ENERGY STAR certified home save an average of $207.81 per month compared to homeowners who live in a non-energy efficient home in its market.
- Providing training to every subcontractor on the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified homes and working collaboratively with subcontractors to achieve the ability to build every home to ENERGY STAR requirements.