Gresham-Barlow School District
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
- Implementing 48 facility improvement measures in eight schools, including a new boiler system for a pool, lighting retrofits, occupancy sensors, control upgrades, weatherization, insulation, and maintenance.
- Saving $1.5 million annually in avoided energy costs, representing an amount equivalent to the combined salaries of 22 first-year teachers.
- Sustaining its goal of 50 percent cost avoidance for the third consecutive year, as measured against the baseline year of 1997-1998, despite a significant reduction in buildings and grounds staff.
- Achieving an average ENERGY STAR energy performance score of 92 among the district's 19 schools, all of which have earned the ENERGY STAR.
- Distributing more than $25,000 to schools as a financial incentive for performance, participation, and effort in managing energy use, as well as recognizing staff for the success of building-specific projects during regular Resource Conservation meetings.
- Continuing to publicly post monthly ENERGY STAR scores for each school on its Energy Center website to encourage competition among schools and demonstrate its energy management successes to the community.