South Carolina Electric & Gas Company
Cayce, South Carolina
ENERGY STAR Excellence Awards - ENERGY STAR Promotion
South Carolina Electric & Gas Company (SCE&G), serving over 489,000 residential electricity customers in South Carolina, launched its Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) program in April 2011. The HPwES program was designed to reduce peak cooling kW and total kWh consumption, while introducing and encouraging the whole-house approach to home improvement to customers and contractors. SCE&G is receiving ENERGY STAR Excellence recognition for continuing to promote and expand its Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program. Key 2012 accomplishments include:
- Completing approximately 600 comprehensive audits and 260 HPwES projects.
- Distributing extensive homeowner materials to contractors to help them explain the program, incentive structure, application process, terms and conditions, marketing collateral, and required documents to potential customers.
geo-targeting and direct mail to reach customers that have a higher propensity
to participate, reaching 10,000 customers who are in the top quartile of annual
electric consumption in their market.
- Offering $2,500 in incentive rebates for energy efficiency upgrades completed by participating contractors in the HPwES program, including designing a Comfort Home Package to encourage customers to choose whole-house scopes of work with corresponding greater energy savings.
- Employing a team of account managers to work with participating contractors to inform them of program updates, discuss quality assurance findings, deliver software training and support, and provide in-field ride-along support.
- Offering individualized training sessions to participating contractors designed to enhance both their marketing and technical skill sets.