Scotsman Ice Systems
Vernon Hills, Illinois
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Product Brand Owner
Scotsman Ice Systems (Scotsman) is one of the world's largest manufacturers of ice systems and is dedicated to developing energy-efficient, reliable ice solutions. Scotsman is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for developing and promoting energy-efficient ice machines, actively engaging and supporting the ENERGY STAR specification development and test method development process, and promoting and educating various foodservice industry professionals on the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified ice machines. Key 2012 accomplishments include:
- Expanding its energy-efficient product line to include a total of 65 ENERGY STAR certified ice machines and increasing the sales of ENERGY STAR certified products to 79 percent of all sales.
- Displaying the ENERGY STAR logo on all ENERGY STAR certified models as well as training and marketing collateral. Scotsman also educates dealers, sales representatives, distributors, and the media about energy efficiency and ENERGY STAR.
- Educating employees, consultants, buying groups, and dealers throughout the United States on the energy and cost savings associated with ENERGY STAR certified products and on energy- and water-saving features.
- Actively communicating ENERGY STAR as well as energy and water efficiency messages through marketing, public relations, social media, advertising, and online activities, including EPA's ENERGY STAR Change the World social media efforts.
- Holding its first annual educational Earth Day Idea contest for consumers and end users. The contest included several employee ideas to reduce energy consumption.
- Being highlighted in McDonald's Corporation's 2012 Best of Sustainable Supply Chain report for the Scotsman Ice Systems Prodigy� line of ice machines, which delivers 50-percent reductions in water consumption, saving more than 150,000 gallons of water over the typical lifetime of a machine.