HEI Hotels & Resorts
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
With 43 hotels across 16 states and approximately 5,500 employees, HEI Hotels & Resorts (HEI) is a leading hospitality investment company that acquires, develops, owns, and operates upscale hotels and resorts, totaling more than 10 million square feet. HEI is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence recognition for its innovative and holistic approach to energy managementan approach that continues to increase energy savings, year after year. Key 2012 accomplishments include:
- Improving company wide energy use by 2.7 percent, for a total reduction of more than 36 percent since 2006.
- Reviewing and revising a number of key programs and tools including the custom dashboard, Energy Looking Glass, and the Energy Set-Point parameters at all locations.
- Continuing to fund the HEI pre-approved energy capital projects including lighting and HVAC system upgrades.
- Reviewing and revising the chief engineers incentive program, awarding gift cards each quarter to select chief engineers who proactively manage energy use at their properties.
- Submitting the entire company portfolio to compete in EPAs ENERGY STAR National Building Competition.
- Distributing and promoting ENERGY STAR materials internally and externally; promotion efforts included hanging Bring Your Green to Work with ENERGY STAR posters throughout hotels, co-branding marketing materials with the ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year logo, and prominently displaying Partner of the Year crystals.