Jones Lang LaSalle
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying, and investing in real estate. Through its client services, JLL manages a portfolio of approximately 2.6 billion square feet worldwide. JLL is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence recognition for its dedication to driving energy savings across clients' portfolios and communicating energy management successes with ENERGY STAR to its employees, tenants, and the community. Key 2012 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking nearly 100 percent of eligible properties in Portfolio Manager, which includes more than 1,200 buildings representing about 170 million square feet of space. Continuing to realize additional energy savings, despite already maintaining a high-performing portfolio with an average ENERGY STAR score of 76. The company cut its source energy intensity by an additional 6.6 percent in 2012 across 170 million square feet of its managed properties.
- Expanding the promotion of ENERGY STAR through high-level media placements, social media, thought leadership blog posts, public forums, discussions with high-ranking government officials, reports, presentations to clients, and consistent outreach to its employees, prospects, and tenants.
- Supporting ENERGY STAR initiatives including water conservation and the effort to expand ENERGY STAR into the real estate brokerage community.
- Participating in EPA's 2012 ENERGY STAR National Building Competition with 16 buildings, and expanding its use of social media (e.g. blogs, Twitter, LinkedIn) to create a global forum for ENERGY STAR discussions.
- Serving as both a sponsor and panelist at the 2012 ENERGY STAR Commercial & Industrial Buildings Partner Meeting.