Sears Holdings Corporation
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Sears Holdings Corporation is a leading integrated retailer with over 2,600 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the top home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, fitness equipment and automotive repair and maintenance. This year, the company is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence recognition for both its role as a retailer of ENERGY STAR certified products and for energy management in its stores. Sears Holdings Corporation demonstrates impressive commitment to providing a wide-array of ENERGY STAR products and services, along with superior energy management across its building portfolio, coupled with enhanced associate and consumer education to drive awareness and adoption of energy efficiency and climate protection. Sears Holdings Corporation's longstanding efforts exemplify an ongoing commitment to leverage its retail capabilities for maximum energy efficiency in the marketplace. Key 2012 energy management accomplishments include:
- Earning the ENERGY STAR for an additional 158 buildings, for a cumulative total of 448 certified buildings.
- Hosting a four-month energy efficiency competition among distribution centers. In the end, these distribution centers reduced their electricity consumption by 5,000,000 kWh, or 6.4 percent.
- Reducing total weather normalized energy use by 7.1 percent across its entire building portfolio.
- Expanding the use of a vendor sustainability scorecard to gauge the integration of sustainability programs within 150 vendor companies.
- Partnering with utilities across the country to continue its corporate commitment to promoting energy efficiency in the marketplace--both for products and buildings.
- Continuing to promote its commitment to sustainability through the comprehensive sustainability websites www.sears.green and www.kmart.green that offer consumers insights into Sears Holdings Corporation's comprehensive commitment to energy efficiency throughout its entire organization--from its facilities to its products.