ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
With more than 330,000 residential customers, Austin Energy is the City of Austin's municipal electric utility, delivering power to a service territory of more than 420 square miles. The company is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence recognition for continuing to enhance and expand its Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) program. Key 2012 accomplishments include:
- Achieving 96 percent of its annual HPwES retrofit goals by completing more than 2,134 retrofits, saving homeowners approximately 4,161 MWh.
- Encouraging HPwES participants to implement all recommended efficiency measures through consumer education and incentives; 33 percent of all participants completed all measures.
- Offering more than 17 contractor training sessions, with specialized training offered for more than 100 contractors and building professionals.
- Providing retrofit duct system design and AC charge adjustments to 16 single-family dwellings through Austin Energy's System Performance Pilot Program. The program provides greater savings and comfort for homeowners, as well as significant reductions in energy demand.
- Identifying and targeting tightly defined market segments with demographically and contextually relevant messaging. Austin Energy also maximized display advertising by implementing data-driven targeting, including behavioral, search, and site retargeting.