Nissan North America, Inc.
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Nissan North America, Inc. is the manufacturing and operations headquarters for Nissan in the United States and Mexico. Nissan is committed to reducing carbon dioxide emissions through its products and throughout all activities related to the enterprise, actively applying ENERGY STAR guidance to support this goal. Nissan is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence recognition for the continued improvement of its energy management practices and performance. Key 2012 accomplishments include:
- Improving enterprise energy intensity by 8.3 percent compared to 2011 and 26.5 percent since 2009.
- Forming the Nissan Green Program 2016 to focus on reducing the company's carbon footprint by impacting carbon dioxide emissions from manufacturing and non-manufacturing and through improved management performance indicators to lead major decision making throughout the company.
- Funding of several significant energy saving projects including modifications to paint booths and ovens, waste heat recovery, air cascading/recycling and replacing the use of compressed air blow-off equipment with more efficient blowers. The projects accounted for over 32 percent of the FY 2012 global capital budget for supporting reduction targets.
- Joining forces with ENERGY STAR partner Toyota to assist a jointly held supplier by conducting a plant energy assessment at the supplier's site.
- Sharing engineering expertise to assist four additional schools in Mississippi for a total of 10 to achieve EPA's ENERGY STAR certification; savings from this work equate to preserving seven teacher salaries in 2012.Supporting a meeting of manufacturers, utilities and others in the Indiana region to introduce manufacturers to ENERGY STAR's industrial energy management resources.
- Promoting energy efficiency among the motor vehicle and metalcasting industries by supporting EPA's ENERGY STAR Focuses on Energy Efficiency in Metalcasting and Motor Vehicle Manufacturing.