AEP Texas Central
Corpus Christi, Texas
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
AEP Texas Central is an electric energy delivery utility serving nearly 650,000 residential customers in the south Texas region. The organization has been working toward increasing the performance, availability, and demand for ENERGY STAR certified homes. AEP Texas Central is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its exceptional delivery of the ENERGY STAR New Homes program. Key accomplishments include:
- Supporting participating builders in the construction of more than 350 ENERGY STAR certified homes, resulting in 1,100 MWh of energy savings.
- Increasing understanding of ENERGY STAR Version 3 among program participants through one-on-one meetings and dozens of training sessions on topics including 2009 IECC and IRC codes, transition to Version 3 for raters and home builders, and HVAC checklists.
- Attracting more than 100 home builders, recommitting all 12 program raters, and adding one new rater to the program in 2011.
- Collaborating with neighboring utilities to produce the RGV New Homes Guide, prominently featuring ENERGY STAR home builders and the ENERGY STAR Tour of Homes.
- Raising awareness of the benefits of certified homes by participating in over 40 events with a reach of more than 18,000 consumers.