300 Kimball Drive
Parsippany, NJ 07054
300 Kimball is a premiere 408,000-square-foot Class-A office building. Originally constructed in 2001 as a headquarters facility, the building features numerous on-site amenities, such as a large cafeteria, separate store units for tenants, and ample parking. Additional renovation plans include a redesign of the lobby and cafeteria and the addition of an on-site gym.
The building received ENERGY STAR certification with a score of 93, and will be receiving a LEED Silver certification for an Existing Building.
The Transwestern Sustainability Services team performed an energy audit on the building, which identified several energy conserving measures described below:
- Reduced air handling run times up to 19 hours per week. Thermostat recalibration program reduced the compressor run time by approximately 75% on one of the air handling units.
- Shut off HVAC to vacant areas. 27 VAV boxes were commanded into the unoccupied mode, shutting off primary air valves, heating coils and series fans.
- Eliminated outdoor air intake during unoccupied time periods.
- Added a time schedule to the building automation system schedule to operate toilet exhaust fans only during occupied periods.
- Increased VAV box temperatures set point dead-bands.
- Energized minimum outdoor air intake duct heaters.
- Reprogrammed receiving room exhaust fan to run only when room lights are turned on.
- Installed thermostat on restroom heater to control it from continuous operation.
- Installed low flow aerators in restroom faucets.
In addition, the maintenance staff and tenants have been trained to consider energy consumption in their daily routines.
"There are many things well-educated building engineers, tenants and cleaning crews can do to help conserve energy. EPA's ENERGY STAR program is a great way to get the information you need to make the right energy decisions. We just have to think energy savings every day."
"There are many things well-educated building engineers, tenants and cleaning crews can do to help conserve energy. EPA's ENERGY STAR program is a great way to get the information you need to make the right energy decisions. We just have to think energy savings every day."-- Gary Le Francois, SVP, Director of Engineering, Transwestern
Please note: Narrative information in this profile has been provided by State Farm Insurance or a representative of this facility. Other building information was verified and submitted to EPA at the time of application. Building energy performance, operating characteristics, and ownership/management may be subject to change over time.
State Farm Insurance
Year(s) Labeled (Rating):
Facility Type: Office
Total Floorspace: 448960 sf
Year Constructed: 2002
Contract Type: None
|Stage 5-Heating and Cooling Plant|