Ardagh Group - Sapulpa
1000 N. Mission Street
Sapulpa, OK 74066
The Ardagh Group plant in Sapulpa, OK was built by Liberty Glass Company in 1912. In 1994, the facility was purchased by Foster-Forbes as part of its acquisition of Liberty Glass Company, and in 1995 Ball and Saint-Gobain formed Ball-Foster Glass Container Corp. (including Foster-Forbes) as a joint venture. In 1996, Saint-Gobain purchased Ball’s interest in the joint venture, making Ball-Foster a wholly-owned subsidiary of Saint-Gobain. On Jan. 1, 2001 the name was changed to Saint-Gobain Containers, Inc. and in 2010 the brand name was changed to Verallia. On April 11, 2014, Ardagh Group purchased Verallia North America, changing the name to Ardagh Glass Inc.
Operations began at the Sapulpa plant in February 1913, when lamp chimneys, lantern globes, jelly glasses, tumblers and goblets were among the first items manufactured. In 1918, the site began specializing in milk and beverage bottles, and during the years of World War II, the Sapulpa plant manufactured a patented glass mail box and produced glass knobs in addition to the glass beverage bottles.
Today, the Sapulpa plant has three furnaces that use 896 tons of raw and recycled materials in its continuous operation, seven days a week, 365 days a year. The Sapulpa facility has approximately 350 hourly-represented and salaried employees that manufacture approximately 3.6 million glass bottles each day for the beer and beverage markets.
Ardagh Group’s Sapulpa plant was certified for the first time in 2012.
The energy efficiency at this site was improved through the: