Assess the energy efficiency of your home and see how it measures up:
EPA's Home Energy Yardstick provides a simple assessment of your home's annual energy use compared to similar homes. By answering a few basic questions about your home, you can get:
- Your home's Home Energy Yardstick score (on a scale of 0 to 10);
- Insights into how much of your home's energy use is related to heating and cooling versus other everyday uses like appliances, lighting, and hot water;
- Links to guidance from ENERGY STAR on how to increase your home's score, improve comfort, and lower utility bills; and
- An estimate of your home's annual carbon emissions.
Learn more about how the Home Energy Yardstick works.
See a sample results page.
To calculate your Yardstick score, all you need is some basic information about your home:
- Your ZIP code;
- Your home's square footage;
- Number of full time home occupants;
- A list of all the different fuels used in your home (e.g., electricity, natural gas, fuel oil); and
- Your home's last 12 months of utility bills (usually found in the 12 month summary provided on your bill or through a Green Button file ).
Having trouble with the Home Energy Yardstick? Contact us at email@example.com.
Want to save your information?
Click here to create an account!