Obtaining ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2016 Recognition
Boilers, Ceiling Fans, Clothes Washers, Computer Monitors, Refrigerator-Freezers, TVs, and Ventilating Fans
EPA will highlight boilers, ceiling fans, clothes washers, computer monitors, refrigerator-freezers, televisions, and ventilating fans recognized as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2016 at www.energystar.gov/mostefficient. EPA will provide the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2016 designation and usage guidelines to ENERGY STAR partners with recognized products. EPA will invite partners to share product photographs and descriptions to appear on the Web.
HVAC: Central Air Conditioners, Air-Source Heat Pumps, Furnaces, & Geothermal Heat Pumps
For all HVAC product categories except boilers, ceiling fans, and ventilating fans, partners must apply for recognition in order for EPA to verify the communications/system status requirements. Since the recognition criteria have changed for ductless products, HVAC partners with products recognized in 2016 need to submit written narratives describing their products’ communications protocols per the HVAC Guide (30KB) if currently recognized products appear to meet the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2016 criteria.
HVAC partners interested in receiving recognition for new products in 2016 are asked to take the following steps:
- Ensure you are an ENERGY STAR partner in good standing.
- Ensure product performance has been certified by an EPA-recognized certification body. As with all ENERGY STAR qualified products, ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2016 recognized products must be certified.
- Confirm model(s) meets applicable recognition criteria. Review the recognition requirements and confirm that model(s) is/are eligible for 2016 recognition. Inform EPA of your interest in having your product recognized as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2016 by submitting to email@example.com a description of the product that includes the following information:
- Brand, base model number, and all derivative models (if applicable);
- For CACs, ASHPs, furnaces, and GHPs, please provide installation and maintenance manuals for the system using an appropriate controller, confirming communications, system status and automated configuration capability as well as a written narrative describing the system communications protocol per the HVAC Guide (30KB). Documentation associated with the controller is acceptable if it can be associated with specific HVAC equipment models submitted for recognition.
- Product description for use on ENERGY STAR Most Efficient website (i.e., key features and functionalities) that is ~50 to be displayed beside the product photo.
- Product photo in a jpg file of at least 300 x 300 pixels for the Web; this should include a picture of the appropriate system controller
- EPA-recognized certification body name and date of product certification.
For residential windows, partners must apply for recognition in order for EPA to verify that product lines meet the recognition criteria (181KB). Windows partners interested in receiving recognition in 2016 are asked to take the following steps:
- Ensure you are an ENERGY STAR product manufacturer partner in good standing. Check your status by searching for your company in the ENERGY STAR Partner Directory.
- Confirm that your product lines are listed in the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) Certified Products Directory (CPD) and meet the Most Efficient 2016 recognition criteria (385KB).
- Confirm that selected product lines are currently available for sale and can be ordered.
- Download the Most Efficient Windows Application and complete the Contact Information and Product Line worksheets according to the instructions.
In the Product Line worksheet, provide the following information for each product line that you wish to have recognized:
- Product line name as it is sold and/or marketed to consumers
- NFRC CPD number of the product line (for example, ABC-Z-16)
- Operator type
- Frame material
- Minimum and maximum U-factor and SHGC from among the eligible options
- Climate zones in which the eligible product options qualify for ENERGY STAR
- North American Fenestration Standard/Specification (NAFS) Performance Grade (AAMA/WDMA/CSA 101/I.S.2/A440)
- For each product line, provide the NAFS test report cover sheet containing the following information:
- Manufacturer name
- Product line name
- Operator type
- Frame material
- NAFS Performance Grade
- To facilitate processing, please name the NAFS test report cover sheet file as follows:
Manufacturer Name_Product Line CPD Number.pdf
- Please name the application workbook as follows: ME2016_Manufacturer Name_MM-DD-YY.xlsx