2008 ENERGY STAR Homes Sponsor and Utility Partner Meeting
The Second Annual ENERGY STAR Residential Program Sponsor and Utility Partner Meeting took place March 10–12, 2008, in Salt Lake City, Utah. Materials from the event are provided below.
Meeting Agenda, Attendee List, and Presentations
- Branding 101: Key Principles and How They Apply to ENERGY STAR (3.2MB) — Maria Vargas, EPA
- Introduction: Promoting Energy Efficient Homes: 10 Myths vs. Reality (4.87MB) — Sam Rashkin, EPA
- Building Science, The Big Picture About What We Know and How It Should Be Applied and How to Train Builders — Joe Nagan, Home Building Technology Services
- Working with Manufactured and Modular Housing (2.48MB) — Emanuel Levy, Manufactured Housing Research Alliance
- Affordable Housing: How to Reach this Important Market Sector (220KB) — Matt Pesce, PE, Facility Strategies Group, LLC
- ENERGY STAR for Homes: Sales and Marketing Tools Training (5.13MB) — Jon Passe and Zak Shadid, EPA
- ENERGY STAR for Homes: Builder Recruitment Handbook (1.84MB) — Amber Wysocki, ICF
- Options for Designing Program Incentives and Recruiting Builders in a Soft Market (216KB) — Steve Ellison, ICF
Meeting Follow-Up Materials
Best Practices Checklist (70KB). EPA synthesized feedback from meeting participants to create a checklist of best practices for designing, implementing, and evaluating ENERGY STAR Homes programs.