Ceiling Fans Specification
The Version 2.0 Residential Ceiling Fan specification has been finalized. As such, the comment period is now closed. The new Version 2.0 specification will go into effect on October 1, 2003. Manufacturers interested in joining ENERGY STAR under the new Version 2.0 specification should visit the Manufacturers and Retailers Resources page. Partners and other interested parties with questions can contact Abigail Daken, EPA, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Version 2.3 Specification Documents
Version 2.2 Amendment
Version 2.1 Amendment
Version 2.0 Specification Documents
Stakeholder Comments on Draft 1 Specification
The following comments have been received by industry:
- Hunter Fan Company (1, 2) (Word)
- Lowe’s (Word)
Ceiling Fan Testing Facility Guidance Manual
EPA developed this guidance manual to provide ENERGY STAR partners and other interested parties the information needed to build a ceiling fan testing chamber, or air delivery room, and perform adequate product testing for ENERGY STAR qualification. The version of the manual below has been replaced with Version 1.1 Revision 8/09, effective July 31, 2009, available at the Resources for Ceiling Fan Manufacturers and Retailers page.
Final Ceiling Fan Testing Facility Guidance Manual:
Draft Ceiling Fan Testing Facility Guidance Manual:
Ceiling Fan Partner and Industry Meeting, Dallas Market Center, June 24, 2002
EPA and Hunter Fan Company hosted a Ceiling Fan Partner and Industry meeting in Dallas, TX to discuss program successes and marketing opportunities, specification clarification, energy-efficient lighting opportunities, and potential revisions for Tier II of the ENERGY STAR ceiling fan specification. Below are all of the documents pertaining to the meeting:
Industry Meeting PowerPoint Presentations (in PowerPoint format)
Other Specification Materials
- Partner Update: January 2002
- Partner Update: February 2002
- Partner Update: April 2002
- Partner Update: July 2002
- Partner Update: October 2002
- Partner Update: November 2002
- Final Ceiling Fan Product Specifications
- Program Requirement Announcement Letter, July 26, 2001
- Solid State Test Method.
- Final Draft Specification, June 27, 2001 (Word).
- Dallas Meeting Notes, June 25, 2001 (Word).
- Conference Call Notes, May 16 and May 21 (Word).
- Conference Call Notes, May 11, 2001 (Word).
- Hunter Fan Company Proposed-Test-Method Results (Excel).
- Ceiling Fan Ownership Graph (Excel).
- Meeting Notes, February 1, 2001 (Word).
- NRDC Presentation, February 1, 2001 (Powerpoint).
- Draft Specification, January 12, 2001 (Word).
- Ceiling Fan Specification-Creation Participant Contact-List (Word).