It's hard to believe, but in the next few months we will pass 1 Million ENERGY STAR certified homes built since the program began. We couldn’t have reached this milestone without you! To celebrate, EPA is planning a variety of activities showcasing families from across the country living in ENERGY STAR homes, and we hope you will join us in marking the occasion.
EPA will be working with local partners to implement a national media outreach campaign that combines:
- Collecting stories from families across the country living in ENERGY STAR homes and sharing the most compelling stories on the new campaign web page,
- Engaging national media outlets about the 1 Million ENERGY STAR Home celebration, focusing on unique homeowner stories,
- Working with U.S. EPA Administrator Lisa P. Jackson’s office to identify potential media opportunities in one or more top ENERGY STAR Homes markets,
- Conducting local media outreach in top ENERGY STAR Homes markets, and
Issuing an EPA Press Release on November 2 to announce the passing of this important milestone.
We love the style, feel, and location of our new home. It's a Parade of Homes showcase home from K. Hovnanian. We liked everything that we learned about the home. When we learned it was an ENERGY STAR home, it was the icing on the cake. Saving money is what did it for us. We doubled the size of our home, but our energy bills were comparable. Plus, the temperature throughout the house is consistent so we’re always comfortable.
-The Reagan Family
- Help EPA collect compelling stories from homeowners. Encourage families to submit their story about why they chose an ENERGY STAR certified new home. Or you can even share your personal story about why you chose to partner with EPA. We are looking for stories that highlight the diverse reasons that people choose ENERGY STAR. We will review the entries and feature the best stories on our interactive carousel on the new web page for the 1 Million ENERGY STAR Homes campaign and in our media outreach. Select stories will also be showcased in EPA Administrator Lisa P. Jackson’s media activities.
- Incorporate messaging about the 1 Million Home milestone into your own outreach to consumers, host a celebration event in your area, reach out to local media about your role in helping EPA achieve this milestone, or work with local elected officials to recognize the 1 Million ENERGY STAR homes celebration with a special announcement or proclamation.
- Have another idea about how to celebrate the 1 Million Home milestone in your market? Share those ideas with us! We will also continue to look for collaboration opportunities and will send you updates over the next few months.
We look forward to working with all of our partners to celebrate this important program milestone! If you have any questions, please contact us at: email@example.com.