2017 ENERGY STAR Commercial & Industrial Award Winner Meeting Slide Deck
On Wednesday, April 26th, EPA hosted a meeting for commercial and industrial receipents of ENERGY STAR awards. The meeting featured several ENERGY STAR award winners presenting their innovative and successful ideas to improve energy efficiency. The agenda was as follows:
Welcome Remarks & Introduction
ENERGY STAR Update, Jean Lupinacci, U.S. EPA
Lightning Round: 3 Ideas You Can Implement Tomorrow
- Eco-Treasure Hunts: Bob Valair, Director of Energy & Environmental Management, Staples, Inc.
- ENERGY STAR messaging: Jim Schlachter, Superintendent, Gresham-Barlow School District
- Industrial Showcase: Bill Jerald, Chief Energy Engineer, CalPortland Company
Discussion: The Future of Energy Management for High-Performing Portfolios, Introduction by John Leisen, VP Property Management, Target Corporation
Lightning Round: 3 More Ideas You Can Implement Tomorrow
- ForeverGreen tenant program: Ailey Roberts, Eco Programs Specialist, Bentall Kennedy
- Chase the custodian: Jim Morris, Asst. Director, Environmental and Energy Management, School Plant Services, Virginia Beach City Public Schools
- Pro bono verification: Celia Landesberg, Account Executive, Goby Inc.
Discussion: Communicating Data to Spur Improvement, Introduction by Rebecca Baker, Energy Benchmarking & Building Tune-Ups Manager, City of Seattle, Office of Sustainability & Environment