You’ve increased efficiency, saved money, and avoided greenhouse gas emissions – time to spread the word (and the rewards)! Your website, newsletters, annual reports, press releases, and social media sites are all great forums for trumpeting your success.
If your organization leases space in other buildings, make sure corporate management and your counterparts across the organization learn from your experience. And don’t forget to recognize the individuals who contributed to your success.
Here are a few resources to help you get started:
- Successes in Sustainability: Landlords and Tenants Team Up to Improve Energy Efficiency
- Plan a communications strategy with ENERGY STAR
- Communicate your environmental impact in easy-to-understand terms with the Greenhouse Gas Equivalency Calculator
- Join ENERGY STAR as a partner
- See examples from ENERGY STAR partners