EPA offers a complete application programming interface (API) to facilitate data exchange with Portfolio Manager. You can use this suite of REST-based web services to enter data into Portfolio Manager on behalf of your customers, and receive ENERGY STAR® metrics to incorporate into your own energy information software and services.
Save your customers time and deliver the added value of ENERGY STAR metrics through this real-time and seamless exchange of data.
Learn more at the Portfolio Manager web services home page, which includes getting started documentation and technical resources.
What you can do with Portfolio Manager web services
Software providers, utilities, and property management companies can use Portfolio Manager’s flexible web services to meet their clients’ specific needs:
- Import customer data into Portfolio Manager: Your customers can request that you import their property, energy, and water data directly into their Portfolio Manager accounts. This lets them view, track, and report out key metrics, including the ENERGY STAR score, in their Portfolio Manager account without the hassle of entering utility bill data every month.
- Export metrics out of Portfolio Manager: For service providers who offer their own energy information tools or software packages, you can incorporate Portfolio Manager metrics as a value-added service, allowing your customers to view their ENERGY STAR scores and other metrics directly within your software or information services.
- To get started with the web services, visit the Portfolio Manager web services home page. Use the API and key resources to develop your software integration within the test environment.
- Once you’ve finished testing your software, register your Portfolio Manager account to exchange data via web services in the live environment. You will submit your registration request in the Software Development tab under Account Settings in your Portfolio Manager account.
- Join our list of organizations that use web services to exchange data with Portfolio Manager.
- Learn more about utilities that are providing web services and other data access solutions to support benchmarking.
- Use our marketing and sales resources to help promote and sell your services.