Competitions can be a great way to motivate your team to find new efficiencies, engage occupants in your efforts, and multiply savings across your portfolio – all while helping the environment.
You can join an existing competition or start your own. See EPA’s list of legislation and campaigns leveraging ENERGY STAR for competitions near you.
Build Your Own Energy or Water Competition with ENERGY STAR Resources
Why are competitions so effective? They help your team:
- Save energy, water, and money – and reduce waste
- Identify best practices to leverage across your portfolio
- Jumpstart savings that last beyond the competition
- Work toward your sustainability goals
- Engage your occupants and local community
- Earn positive publicity for achievements
- Build momentum for benchmarking and improving efficiency
Ready to host your own competition? Use no-cost guides and templates to help plan every step of your competition, from determining the framework to collecting and managing the data to celebrating successes and sharing best practices.
EPA has tools to walk you through each part of the competition process, from planning and data management, to outreach and communications. Check out the resources below, and if you have any questions along the way, submit them at www.energystar.gov/buildingshelp with the subject line "Build Your Own Battle."