Cash Flow Opportunity Calculator
The Cash Flow Opportunity Calculator helps you make decisions about when and how to finance energy efficiency projects. You will be able to estimate how much new equipment you can finance using anticipated savings, as well whether you should finance now or wait for a lower interest rate. This calculator can accelerate the installation of energy efficiency projects by addressing three critical questions:
- How much new energy efficiency equipment can be purchased from the anticipated savings?
- Should this equipment purchase be financed now? Or is it better to wait and use cash from a future budget to avoid paying interest?
- Will we lose money by waiting for a lower interest rate?
How It Works:
The calculator translates energy savings into dollar figures and shows how energy efficiency projects can improve cash flow.
Who It’s Designed For:
Everyone. It was developed to address the “we don’t have the money” objection that many organizations face when trying to implement energy efficiency projects and will demonstrate that there is a cost of delaying these projects.
- Use the Cash Flow Opportunity (CFO) Calculator
- calculations and methodology
- View a self-guided introductory presentation