Relax! The architect of record (AOR) will complete this step. However, you should familiarize yourself with the process below, so you can follow up with your team and ensure every step has been completed.
The process listed below is for Commercial New Construction projects. For Multifamily high rise, see How to Apply for Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR for requirements for this property type.
- Your commercial new construction project meets the eligibility rules and requirements.
- Your ENERGY STAR 1 – 100 design score is 75 or higher.
- Your design project is saved in Portfolio Manager.
Application Process Overview
The Architect of Record (AOR):
- Completes the Statement of Energy Design Intent.
- Optionally, completes and submits a Design Profile to be posted on the ENERGY STAR website.
- Emails application documents to EPA.
- EPA notifies the AOR with application status.