ENERGY STAR is launching of the Industrial Focus on Distilled Spirit Production! We are inviting for distilleries, large and small, to participate.
Please contact email@example.com for further information.
What will the Distilled Spirits Focus offer?
EPA works with individual manufacturing sectors through ENERGY STAR to improve energy efficiency. ENERGY STAR industrial focuses provide a non-competitive environment for EPA and industry energy managers to work together to build unique and helpful energy management tools for the industry. Potential activities in this focus include:
- A plant energy performance indicator (EPI) that scores a distillery’s energy performance between 1-100 nationally based on key plant operating conditions (e.g., energy usage, production, etc.) will be developed.
- An energy guide on opportunities for energy efficiency in distilling, including process and plant utility measures and will be written by industrial energy experts and draw from best practices around the world.
- Distilleries that score a 75 or above using their ENERGY STAR EPI will be eligible for ENERGY STAR certification.
- Distilleries that improve their energy intensity by 10% or more within five years are eligible for ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry recognition.
- An energy professional to help industry energy managers build energy management programs, share non-proprietary management approaches, and answer questions regarding energy management.
- An annual industry forum where energy managers can openly discuss best energy management practices and non-confidential issues confronting their energy management programs.
- Periodic webinars to exchange energy management tips, provide updates, and obtain feedback as tools are developed.
Join our kickoff meeting in December 2019. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.