ENERGY STAR certified products on average use significantly less energy than conventional products. These energy savings translate in to real savings for your organization. Review these select case studies on how organizations purchased ENERGY STAR certified products to save large amounts of money without sacrificing performance.
- Review how the Commonwealth of Massachusetts employed best practices to ensure that state agencies purchase ENERGY STAR certified products.
- See how states have specified ENERGY STAR through executive order, law and policy.
- The United States Air Force will save $15 million annually by purchasing ENERGY STAR certified computers.
- The University of Maine stated a preference for ENERGY STAR certified water cooler models in the request for bids to save $3,000 annually.
- Rosen Hotels specified ENERGY STAR certified bathroom fans to save $36,000 annually.
- Jefferson Houston Elementary School replaced an old roof with an ENERGY STAR certified roof to save $31,000 annually.
- Colesville Towers apartment community replaced its regular commercial clothes washers with new ENERGY STAR certified washers to save $3,000 annually.
- By replacing their conventional vending machines with ENERGY STAR certified models, Davis School District saved $30,000 annually. Two colleges, University of Michigan and SUNY-Buffalo each saved $20,000 annually.
- By using ENERGY STAR certified kitchen equipment, Austin Public Schools saved over $3,000 annually.