Competitions can be a great way to motivate your team to find new efficiencies, engage occupants in your efforts, and multiply savings across your portfolio – all while helping the environment. You can join an existing competition, such as a local Kilowatt Crackdown, or start your own. See EPA’s list of legislation and campaigns leveraging ENERGY STAR for competitions near you.
Build your own energy or water competition with ENERGY STAR resources
Ready to host your own internal energy- or water-efficiency competition? Learn more about how to Build Your Own Battle, and check out EPA's resources which guide you through creating your own competition, including a Building Competition Guide, Data Management Guide, Activity Kits, and communication and planning resources.
Competitions are a great way to:
- Save energy, water, and money – and reduce waste
- Identify best practices to leverage across your portfolio
- Jumpstart savings that last beyond the competition
- Work toward your sustainability goals
- Engage your occupants and local community
- Earn positive publicity for achievements
- Build momentum for benchmarking and improving efficiency