EPA’s ENERGY STAR® program invites your organization to build your own competition to save energy, water, or waste. Use no-cost guides and templates to help plan every step of your competition, from determining the framework to collecting and managing the data to celebrating successes and sharing best practices.
CO-BRAND YOUR COMPETITION WITH ENERGY STAR
Building a co-branded ENERGY STAR Battle of the Buildings competition has the added benefit of allowing you to leverage the national ENERGY STAR brand—recognized by more than 90% of American households—to support your competition.
As a host of a co-branded ENERGY STAR Battle of the Buildings Competition, you could:
- Have direct support of the ENERGY STAR program, including one-on-one training and promotion to local Portfolio Manager users, if applicable
- Engage competitors with tailored ENERGY STAR Battle of the Buildings resources
- Award top performers with ENERGY STAR branded recognition
Requirements for co-branding your competition with ENERGY STAR
- Be an ENERGY STAR partner
- Be headquartered in the United States
- Use Portfolio Manager to collect competitor data
- Recognize winners based on actual measured data, including at least one quantitative metric available within Portfolio Manager
- Verify winner data by a Licensed Professional (Professional Engineer or Registered Architect)
- Provide a summary of your competition and results to EPA’s ENERGY STAR program upon conclusion
- Agree not to promote any specific commercial product or service