ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award winners are hand-selected every year among hundreds of applicants and thousands of partners. True leaders in their fields, winning organizations demonstrate outstanding results in reducing greenhouse gas emissions through strategic energy management.
If your organization has been recognized as an ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, it’s time to spread the word!
Ideas for promoting your Partner of the Year Award
- Display your award crystal in a prominent place at your facility — the entranceway or the main reception area are much better choices than the engineer’s office, storage room, or basement!
- Issue a press release announcing that you’ve been recognized as an ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year and distribute it to local media.
- Hold an organization-wide employee meeting or student assembly and present the crystal award to an official of your organization. Take photos for your newsletter, and also send a photo with caption to the local newspaper.
- Distribute certificates of recognition/ appreciation/ participation to organizations or individuals who contributed time and effort to achieve Partner of the Year.
- Reserve a special parking space for your energy manager for a month in recognition of his/her achievement and publicize this among your employees.
- Make plans to announce that your organization has been recognized as an ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year at a scheduled meeting where press typically will be in attendance. (For example, an announcement by a school district could take place at a school board meeting.)
- Write a letter celebrating your achievement to your mayor, councilmember, Chamber of Commerce, Board of Education, governor, congressperson or senator, or other official representatives for your organization. Encourage them to challenge other organizations like yours to get involved with ENERGY STAR.
- Promote your achievement through your organization’s social media channels — post your announcement on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.