Heating season is just around the corner! Did you know that 90% of American homes are under-insulated? This means 9 out of 10 U.S. homeowners are wasting money on their energy bills. Rule Your Attic! is here to help!
Our goal? Encourage homeowners to check their attic insulation levels and then seal and insulate their attics for a more comfortable and energy-efficient homes.
We’re breaking it down into three simple steps: (1) measure your attic insulation; (2) get solutions; and (3) fix and save. Follow us on social media over the next few months as our experts provide helpful resources, including how-to videos, on properly sealing and insulating your home.
Here’s how to get involved:
- Visit energystar.gov/RuleYourAttic
- Watch our DIY video series on YouTube
- Follow @ENERGYSTAR on Twitter
- Like @ENERGY STAR on Facebook
- Join our 9/28 #RuleYourAttic Twitter Party
‘Rule Your Attic’ by measuring your attic insulation level to see if your insulation levels are low. Use the #RuleYourAttic hashtag on Twitter to ask sealing and insulation questions or share photos of your attic’s insulation! ENERGY STAR experts will answer your questions in a timely fashion.
If you liked this post, you might want to read:
- View the Rule Your Attic Facebook album
- Find the right Seal and Insulate project for your home
- Ask us questions about sealing and insulating your home by tweeting at @ENERGYSTAR and using the #RuleYourAttic hashtag