Benton Harbor, Michigan
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Product Brand Owner
Whirlpool Corporation is a leading global manufacturer of appliances, marketing some of the world’s most recognized appliance brands, including Whirlpool, Kitchen-Aid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, and Indesit. The company is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its ongoing communications with employees and trade customers about the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified products, particularly new opportunities such as certified dryers, as well as its promotion of the ENERGY STAR brand through social media and other outreach. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Offering 245 ENERGY STAR certified appliance models in 2016, resulting in $2.4 billion in total U.S. sales from more than 4.3 million ENERGY STAR certified units.
- Promoting the ENERGY STAR brand through combined sales, marketing, and training efforts, reaching upwards of 1.5 billion impressions in 2016.
- Creating handouts and training materials for sales associates that reached nearly 61,000 retail and distributor sales associates at 15,900 locations nationwide.
- Maintaining a steady stream of consumer outreach promoting ENERGY STAR through media placements and press releases, including building a social media following of more than one million potential customers.
- Exhibiting ENERGY STAR certified appliances at industry trade shows, including the 2016 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show, retail buy fairs, and International CES® 2016. The supporting materials guided trade partners through the products and prominently featured ENERGY STAR certified dryers in the laundry section.