Benton Harbor, Michigan
Partner of the Year
Product Brand Owner
Whirlpool Corporation is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, marketing some of the world’s most recognized appliance brands, including Whirlpool, Kitchen-Aid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, and Indesit. The company is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its demonstrated commitment to advancing efficiency through its product design, its regular communications with employees and trade customers about ENERGY STAR, particularly regarding certified dryers, and its greater focus on promoting ENERGY STAR through social media. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Supporting promotion of ENERGY STAR certified dryers with new dryer training materials for employees and retailers that consistently and effectively integrated ENERGY STAR messaging and participating in two successful rebate promotions with energy efficiency program partners.
- Continuing to offer new product innovations in refrigeration and laundry including an ENERGY STAR certified laundry pair that uses the Nest Learning Thermostat™ application program interface (API) to provide automated home and away controls, as well as a new ENERGY STAR certified gas dryer.
- Creating handouts and publications to educate trade and retail sales associates on the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified products, reaching an estimated 60,000 sales associates nationwide.
- Exhibiting ENERGY STAR certified appliances at industry trade shows, including the 2015 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show, retail buy fairs, and a prominent showcase of the HybridCare™ dryer technology at International CES® 2015.
- Featuring ENERGY STAR messaging in social media and participating in promotions such as ENERGY STAR Day, generating more than three million impressions.