Partner of the Year
Welltower is a healthcare real estate investment trust and provides real estate capital to leading seniors housing operators, post-acute care providers and health systems. Welltower is receiving Partner of the Year recognition and has demonstrated a commitment to improving energy efficiency across its portfolio while investing in energy management. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Saving an average of 1.7 percent energy across its portfolio of 390 properties compared to the previous year and increasing its average ENERGY STAR score to a 53.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for 38 senior care communities, including nine certified for the first time.
- Upgrading to LED lighting at 24 communities, leading to 3.7 million kilowatt hours reduction in energy and $300,000 in cost savings.
- Replacing boilers at 24 senior care communities and medical office buildings and upgrading roof top HVAC units at 49 communities and medical office properties.
- Mandating the purchase of ENERGY STAR certified products in its procurement guidelines.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR to its tenants, residents, employees, and investors through newsletters, social media, website, and trade publications.