New Port Richey, Florida
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Product Brand Owner
Welbilt, Inc. (formerly Manitowoc Foodservice) is a world leader in commercial foodservice kitchen equipment solutions with a portfolio of brands that includes Cleveland, Convotherm, Delfield, Frymaster, Garland, Koolaire, and Manitowoc Ice. Welbilt is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued effort to drive innovation in many product categories, while supporting the ENERGY STAR specification development, and developing creative marketing and education platforms to ensure employees and end users understand the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified products. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Expanding ENERGY STAR product offerings to more than 1,600 products across six commercial foodservice product categories.
- Developing an innovative and environmentally friendly refrigeration system, called GreenGeniusTM, which incorporates hydrocarbon refrigerants. The Delfield brand introduced a new line of ENERGY STAR certified commercial refrigerators and freezers that incorporates this refrigerant system; these products provide end users energy savings while significantly reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Increasing the number of ENERGY STAR certified models under the Frymaster brand by more than 350 products in 2016, ensuring reliable and efficient equipment options are available to operators.
- Placing a high priority on educating supply channel partners, from sales teams to end users, on the benefits of ENERGY STAR equipment with outreach that delivered over one million impressions.
- Continuing an impressive ENERGY STAR education campaign through a variety of creative, integrated, and interactive mediums such as social, mobile, video, and online advertising.