ENERGY STAR Promotion
Washington Gas serves more than 1 million residential, commercial, and industrial customers throughout Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia. In 2019, Washington Gas greatly expanded its participation in ENERGY STAR product and new homes promotions, integrating the ENERGY STAR label in outreach that resulted in more than 2.4 million impressions. Key accomplishments include:
- Deploying more than 900,000 bill inserts actively promoting residential rebate programs for ENERGY STAR certified products, including laundry and boiler systems.
- Participating in the ENERGY STAR laundry promotion featuring ENERGY STAR certified dryers as well as the ENERGY STAR water heater and smart thermostats promotions, generating more than 15,000 impressions through social media.
- Engaging in the Earth Day and ENERGY STAR Day campaigns by leveraging campaign materials and promoting ENERGY STAR on social media, generating nearly 5,000 impressions.
- Leveraging the ENERGY STAR label in residential digital advertising, including display ads, social media targeted posts (Twitter and Facebook), dedicated emails and online sponsored articles.
- Supporting the construction of over 1,300 ENERGY STAR certified homes by incentivizing nearly 2,500 pieces of ENERGY STAR certified equipment.