Vornado Realty Trust
New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Vornado Realty Trust is a fully integrated real estate investment trust. Vornado has maintained its excellent energy management program and has consistently promoted ENERGY STAR and energy efficiency programs throughout its organizations and to its tenants. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for seven buildings in 2020.
- Benchmarking 100 percent of its assets for energy, 99 percent for water and 70 percent for waste in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®.
- Completing an ENERGY STAR Treasure hunt with a large retail tenant. The completion of low- and no-cost Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs) achieved a projected 100,000-kilowatt hours and $22,000 in annual savings, with additional ECMs, including a lighting retrofit and HVAC modifications, underway.
- Receiving ENERGY STAR Tenant Space recognition for two offices in 2020, and committing to recognizing 30 other building management offices, with a plan to use these as leading examples for property managers to encourage office tenants to pursue recognition in 2021.
- Participating in two ENERGY STAR Webinars to share best practices with the industry: Engaging Commercial Tenants on Energy Efficiency and Innovative Technologies Part II to discuss how it adds carbon savings and carbon penalty avoidance to the value stack for energy efficiency project evaluation, as well as strengthening the relationship between changing Source Energy Use Intensity and measured carbon emissions from buildings.