Vornado Realty Trust
New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Vornado Realty Trust is a fully integrated equity real estate investment trust. Vornado has maintained its excellent energy management program and has consistently promoted ENERGY STAR and energy efficiency programs throughout its organizations and to its tenants. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for seven buildings in 2019.
- Benchmarking 100 percent of its assets for energy, 99 percent for water and 85 percent for waste in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
- Expanding its Tenant Energy Challenge in 2019 to include two San Francisco properties and an additional New York City property. The challenge used tips from 'Bring Your Green to Work with ENERGY STAR' to reduce energy consumption and recognizes winners for the greatest energy reduction per square foot, as well as total absolute reduction in consumption.
- Hosting a workshop with architects, engineers and management to develop a list of measures that reduce emissions from tenant space design and operations, including using ENERGY STAR certified equipment, which will result in mandatory implementation in all tenant spaces.
- Hosting its fourth annual Tenant Sustainability Roundtable, a half-day summit featuring a segment on the ENERGY STAR Tenant Space program and ENERGY STAR best practices.