Vornado Realty Trust
New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Vornado Realty Trust, a Real Estate Investment Trust with more than 40 million square feet of property, is one of the largest owners and managers of commercial real estate in the United States. Vornado is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its sophisticated and strategic approach to energy management, which leverages a comprehensive outreach and communications platform. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Increasing the average 1 – 100 ENERGY STAR score by two points across Vornado’s portfolio, with 36 properties earning the ENERGY STAR certification.
- Integrating the ENERGY STAR Guidelines for Energy Management within its Capital Improvement Project process.
- Engaging tenants on ENERGY STAR, including an announcement on Earth Day highlighting the “Change the World, Start with ENERGY STAR” campaign, and providing information on a building’s ENERGY STAR score and those buildings that have earned the ENERGY STAR label.
- Hosting its first-ever Sustainable Tenant Roundtable, a half-day workshop with the most engaged tenants in the Vornado New York portfolio representing over 4 million square feet of tenant space, and included promotion of ENERGY STAR’s “How to Green Your Workspace” and “Bring Your Green to Work with ENERGY STAR” materials.
- Using ENERGY STAR benchmarking guidelines when explaining portfolio energy management in lectures at prestigious institutions of higher education.