Vornado Realty Trust
New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Vornado Realty Trust is a fully integrated Real Estate Investment Trust with more than 40 million square feet of property. Vornado is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its sophisticated and strategic approach to energy management—an approach that uses the power of data, innovative technology, and a comprehensive outreach and communications platform. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Funding more than $5 million of base-building energy efficiency projects. Vornado anticipates an annual energy reduction of 14 million kilowatt hours. Combined with rebates where available, the energy savings from the investment are projected to yield a three-year payback period.
- Enrolling all of its eligible buildings in EPA’s 2014 ENERGY STAR National Building Competition.
- Providing energy efficiency-related training to more than 500 employees.
- Using Vornado’s Tenant Service Center (TSC), one of the largest energy management and building systems control centers in the United States. Using technology platforms on a portfolio scale allows the TSC to conduct analysis and implement operational strategies that yield an 8- to 14-percent reduction in energy in a typical building.
- Achieving Premier Member status in the ENERGY STAR Certification Nation campaign by assisting with the certification of more than 15 buildings in 2014.