Virginia State Corporation Commission
ENERGY STAR Promotion
Virginia State Corporation Commission’s Virginia Energy Sense energy education program educates Virginians about the importance of reducing energy consumptions and how each citizen can play a part in helping the state meet its energy conservation goal of reducing energy use by 10 percent below 2006 levels by 2020. Virginia State Corporation Commission is receiving ENERGY STAR® recognition for strategically and effectively executing a multimedia, energy savings campaign and its ongoing coordination with EPA to leverage ENERGY STAR tools and content to promote energy efficiency among its customers. Key 2016 promotional accomplishments include:
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive outreach strategy, informed by research that included a survey of 1,000 Virginians, to reach and educate Motivated Savers (the defined target audience) through digital, social and broadcast channels with highly creative and personalized outreach that centered on easy ways to save energy and money.
- Generating more than half a million targeted media impressions through five op-eds in local markets, five local news interviews on key television stations, six radio interviews during key times, and multiple news stories.
- Increasing the number of Virginians reached by more than 1 million through social media, events, and other direct-to-customer outreach.
- Garnering nearly 4 million impressions for their 30-second PSA entitled “Jack” and driving more than 350,000 views through web videos, resulting in viewers staying engaged for about 47 seconds.
- Launching a new website featuring ENERGY STAR, such as the Web-based “My ENERGY STAR for Virginia Energy Sense” that collectively increased visits to the site and average website sessions duration by 57 percent.